Sunday, February 7, 2010

Today is Superbowl Sunday. I'm not a football fan, as a matter of fact, I despise the sport. This year though, I will be watching. Peyton manning deserves to win and probably will but I will be rooting for the New Orlean's Saints. Had I just been a typical tourist while in N.O.'s, I wouldn't feel this way. It would be just like any other city that we may vacation in... you enjoy yourself but don't really get a 'feel' for the people. N.O. was very different. We met and spoke with a lot of people that live there. We learned about their culture, the people and the cuisine. We saw the effects of the hurricane, water lines up to the roofs and roofs with holes punched out from where they escaped from the floods. The people are so warm hearted and united in their spirit of their community. They are such positive thinkers and want to enjoy life, not just exist. I've never experienced that anywhere else in my life. For those reasons, they have found a special place in my heart. I will always love that city. The people are the reason that I will be rooting for the Saints today. We will be having Shrimp PoBoys for dinner and maybe I'll whip up some Gumbo if I have time. If the Colts win, at least a fellow New Orlean's town boy still won. Peyton Manning is from N.O.'s and his family still lives there. So, all I can say is Geaux Saints! WHO DAT?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nYndtqa9K0




No comments:

Post a Comment