Monday, June 21, 2010

What a Father's Day Alyssa and I had!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!
PJ had to work today so Alyssa and I decided to enjoy Father's Day by ourselves. We headed to Amityville to an 'Ecuadorian' Garage Sale. I must have misunderstood the nuns from Saturday's sale that told me about this sale. When we got there we realized that there was no sale! Oh well. There was a park a few blocks away that I had wanted to check out so we headed there. This is a very cute small park. It would be the perfect place for a picnic or to read a book. There are benches to sit in and also a gazebo.

There is a Memorial wall and 2 benches dedicated to Peter O'Neil. He was killed on 9/11 and his friends built this memorial in memory of him.


I'm glad that we checked out that park. It's one of those 'gems' that are often missed!
NEXT we headed to Tackapausha Museum. We weren't going in the museum but were going on a hike in the woods. We were on our first LETTERBOXING adventure!! I wanted to try this for years! I printed out our clues from http://www.atlasquest.com/ . I found this one and the box was hidden by Vera, one of our St Williams scrapbooking buddies!
We entered the trail.....
... you will see a tree that fell over with the most unusual root system...
... keep heading North.....
.... continue walking until you see a large wooden bridge on your left.... Is this the large wooden bridge?
NOPE! This is the large wooden bridge!
... cross the bridge....
... and in the NW side of the bridge, you will find the Spider under the bridge!!
We found it! The box was about 6" down under the bridge. It had a spider stamp in it. That was so much fun! I can't wait for the next one. There's a few in my town so I will have to check them out!
Next, Alyssa and I headed to a craft fair at the Seaford Train Station. She saw a sign for pickles and just had to get one!
Then we went to 3 stores looking for Lobsters. Alyssa was buying one for PJ for Father's Day and cooking dinner. When we got home she put one on the floor to see Huckleberry's reaction. If there was a fight, I think the lobster would have won. Huck was a little afraid of the lobster.
Then we went to visit my father for a little while.
PJ digging in!
We had a very adventurous day today.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day! I've done some letterboxing, but not recently. What's your personal stamp? I kept trying to carve one to look like a lantern but it ended up being a mishmash of crooked lines, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to try letterboxing with my kids this summer! Sounds like a great day and that park is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete