Friday, March 19, 2010


This week has been a fun week. Not having power on Monday, Kris asked me if I wanted to waste some time at hicks Bursery at a cooking Demo. SURE! I was excited because I love to cook but I can do something in the light! We enjoyed the demo so much! It was southern cooking (Fried Green Tomatoes and Smoked Pork Shoulder) with chef Leisa Dent of LL Dent in Carle Place. I had such a fun thime that I went to Tuesday (Ivy Cottage- Onion and leek Tart)), Thursday (Fresh Herbs- A La Carte Cooking School in Lynbrook) and today's Demos! Today was Paul from the New York Ravioli Company. He has a very interesting 'story' of how him and his business partner have been friends since 9th grade etc. It was one of those feel good stories!
He made a delicious Pasta Salad for us. I can't wait until next year when they have these demos again!

No comments:

Post a Comment