Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Last night our v-ball team came in 2nd place in the finals. We lost the first game 19-21, won the second game 21-18 and lost the 3rd game 16-21. We played the NASTY team, the A. J's. We beat them for the season. We came in 1st and they were second. We were so happy to even do that. Anything to knock them down a peg is good with us! We were missing 2 players for college and 2 players in the last 1 1/2 weeks each broke their hands. So we were very proud of ourselves to get this far. It was nice, the other Wantagh team was there cheering us on. They hate the A. J.'s also. After playing, the 2 guys that run the place asked us if we wanted to play against them... sure, 6 against 2. I do recall playing against them years ago and they killed us! And they killed us this time also! Then they split us up and we went on each side so now there was the same amount on each team. Our guy was teaching Alyssa and I how to set properly etc. I never do that because I stink at it. Well, after about 15 minutes, I was impressing myself!!! It was a lot of fun and that's what it's all about! So it was an exciting night and now I'm very sore!

1 comment: